Have you seen the newest hit at Leap Start Early learning Child Care?
Our new bike track and a set of brand-new different bikes and scooters are keeping our children happily occupied.
If you have the chance,come and see for yourself how much joy these bikes bring our children.
Apart from being pure and simple fun and enjoyment,our children benefit in so many other ways from using the bikes:
- Practicing road safety,transferring their knowledgegained from you in everyday life– which at the moment is clearly still a work in progress, but our children are fast learners and soon we’ll have them all go in the right direction😊
- Encouraging physical activity –our children engage in increasingly complex motor skills and movement patterns with great success!
- Developing a sense of balance- wonderful to see our children’s perseverance, especially using the scooters which can be difficult for them to use.
- Learning to operate the different kinds of bikes i.e steering, safely navigating, use of pedals…
- developing gross motor skills.
- Reading and following road traffic signs.
- Learning spatial awareness and orient themselves, moving around and through their environment confidently and safely
- Learning to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect, learning to collaborate and share the bikes.
- Being curious and enthusiastic drivers who follow and extend their own interests with enthusiasm, energy and concentration- our children’s facial expressions say it all 😊
- Using reflective thinking to consider why things happen and what can be learnt from these experiences- for example when oversteering and endingup stuck in the sandpit with the bike
- Beginning to understand key literacy concepts and processes, such as recognising road signs and understanding the meaning, then following with the relevant action.
Isn’t it amazing how much children can learn while having fun?