Condensed terms and conditions:
Competition is open to WA residents over the age of 18 only. Entrants may enter as many times as they like provided that each entry is unique. Entry forms must be accurate and complete to be valid. By submitting an entry into this competition, entrants consent to the competition terms and conditions which are available at leapstartearlylearningchildcare.com.au/tandc/. Entrants also consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message. Competition opens 15/01/24 at 08:00 AM and closes on the 15/12/24 at 11:00 AM. The winner will be selected randomly from a barrel which contains all entries on or about the 15/12/24 at 11:00 AM to be held at the NEW Leap Start Early Learning Child Care Centre in Southern River located at 233 Southern River Road. The winner will win one year FREE child care for 12 months (ONE CHILD ONLY) at either Leap Start Early Learning Child Care Southern River or Jandakot (the year of FREE child care is to commence no later than 1 January 2026 and is valued at up to $40,000). If the winner is not present on the day, they will be notified by phone and/or email.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Leap Start Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 16 918 216 194) (the ‘Promoter‘). The Promoter’s address is 12 Solomon Road, Jandakot, WA 6164.
Who can enter
- Subject to clause 4, entry is open to all residents of Western Australia over the age of 18 as at the date of entry who have fulfilled the requirements set out below (‘Eligible Entrants‘).
- Employees, and their immediate families, and associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals of the Promoter, are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
How to enter
- To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below) place an entry form in a competition barrel during Shopping Centre promotions or at other marketing endeavours of the Promoter.
- Entrants must provide all of the requested contact details on the entry form to be eligible to win.
- Entrants may only enter in their own name. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated.
- Incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
Number of Entries permitted
- Entrants may enter as many times as they like provided that each entry is unique and submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition commences on 15/01/24 at 08:00 AM and closes on or about the 15/12/24 at 11:00 AM. to be held at the NEW Leap Start Early Learning Child Care centre in Southern River (‘Promotional Period‘).
All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
- The prize (the ‘Prize’) is:
|Number of winners
|One year FREE child care for ONE CHILD ONLY at either Leap Start Early Learning Child Care Southern River or Jandakot.
– The prize is not transferable or exchangeable
– The winner must nominate a date to commence the one year FREE child care which can be a date no later than 1 January 2026
– The one year FREE child care commences as of that date and ends 364 days after that date
– The winner must nominate a child who will receive the one year FREE child care at the time of nominating the commencement date. The child nomination may not be revoked substituted or otherwise transferred
– The winner must nominate the Leap Start Early Learning Child Care location at which the one year FREE child care is to be provided. Any request to change location during the term of the one year FREE child care may be refused on any grounds at the sole discretion of the Promoter
– The one year FREE child care to be provided as the prize is in accordance with the existing services offered at the nominated Leap Start Early Learning Child Care’s location
– The total prize pool is valued at up to $40,000 (including GST), as at 15/11/2022.
– The total number of competition winners in this competition is one.
The Winner, Draw, Notification and Publication dates
- The winner will be the first valid entry randomly drawn from a barrel containing all entries at Leap Start Early Learning Child Care Southern River, 233 Southern River Road, Southern River WA 6110.
- The winner will win the Prize as defined above.
- If the winner is not present on the day, they will be notified by phone and/or email. Confirmation of the prize will be sent by email within two business days of the draw.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, or otherwise to have breached any of these terms and conditions will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter’s decisions in relation to any aspect of the competition is, subject to State and Territory legislation, final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, cannot be taken as cash.
Privacy Collection statement
- By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from winning the prize and should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- The Promoter, subject to State and Territory legislation, reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition or if such a change is required to ensure the safety of the Promoter, its representatives and of entrants. Such changes may include the timing of any draw, the conduct of any prize related activities, and the timing or destination of any travel. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use of “scripting” is not permitted and will not be accepted.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (‘Non-Excludable Guarantees‘).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.