Pre-Kindy – “Huxley”
Life is such an adventure when you are in pre kindy! Huxley acknowledges this and provides maximum stimulation in a more formal setting.
A special feature of Pre Kindy – Huxley is that we have a trained teacher supervising this group with an emphasis on catering for all learning styles so children think, do and create on a daily basis, indoors and outdoors, and in the community as mentioned previously.
Specifically, you and your child will love…
- Literacy and numeracy, via play-based learning areas, as well as whole group teacher-directed learning experiences
- The more formalised music curriculum where new songs are introduced and concerts practised and performed
- Breathing, posing, stretching as part of the yoga, meditation and relaxation
- Art, craft, outdoor and indoor play incorporating nature and sustainability, and safe risk taking
- Strong emphasis on physically participating as individuals, in small groups and within the whole group
- Wider community involvement via excursions
- Care for and use of our two organic garden beds to plant, nurture, harvest and cook produce
- Shared kitchen area with sinks, fridges, freezers, microwave oven and dishwasher is utilised for fully supervised cooking activities which children just love – incorporates life skills such as setting the table and washing up
- Laundry on site for the washing of tea towels and the like so everything is clean and fresh every day
- The immaculate learning environment inside and out thanks to our professional cleaners and gardener – all children are encouraged to do their part to keep their area clean and sustainable
- Individual lockers encourage taking responsibility for their belongings, and ample storage ensures learning are tidy when required
- Information board above the lockers keeps you informed of the day’s activities and upcoming events
In Pre-Kindy – Huxley your child experiences feelings of warmth, being cared for and supported so they explore, engage and investigate. We show love first and then teach.