Nursery 1 – “Harmony”
In Nursery 1, “harmony” for your child is our goal, hence its name.
We blend the routines of home with our award-winning music based curriculum at Nursery 1 to help children connect to the world around them and achieve appropriate developmental milestones.
We acknowledge your child has been learning since before birth so our programs give infants opportunities for fine motor and sensory activities.
Children enjoy music, happiness, laughter, fun, excitement and adventure. This enables them to discover more about themselves, their uniqueness and individuality in a safe and supportive learning environment.
Specifically, you and your child will love…
- Music curriculum including songs, rhythm, dance
- Age-appropriate yoga and mediation
- Relaxation and quiet time
- Art, craft, indoor and outdoor play (with soft fall) incorporating nature and sustainability
- Language and pre-literacy skills via story time, conversation and drawing
- Large play area so they enjoy their solitary play without bumping into other children
- Shared modern nappy change room and toilet facility, complete with individual lockers for each child’s supplies, and glass panels for supervision
- Staff only kitchen area with large double door fridge for bottle storage, sinks for cleaning and dishwasher
- Specially chosen ergonomic cots for smooth pick up and lay down so sleep disturbance is minimised, with the added benefit of being at the height to minimise bending for our Childcare Educators; these cots are made of wood – yes, even indoors we’ve tried to make the environment as natural as possible!
- Sterilisation of toys to minimise the spread of germs – our “mouth toys” are washed twice a day every day, and the room is cleaned by professionals every day
- Laundry on site for the washing of bibs, tea towels and the like so everything is clean and fresh every day
- Information board above the lockers keeps you informed of the day’s activities and upcoming events