- 01. If a music based curriculum is so good for kids, why don’t more places use it and we hear more about it?
There are a number of reasons why. For starters it’s a cultural thing. European and Asian cultures place far more importance on music than Australia does. Also, participation in early childhood education is very low compared to the rest of the developed world, with just 18% of 3 year olds participating (compared to an average of 70% for other OECD countries). The benefits of music in the early years is well documented. We believe it is only a matter of time before more early learning facilities embrace music as the ideal teaching tool most of the rest of the world uses.
- 02. Why is an enrolment interview required?
We insist on an interview with you because not everyone who applies at Leap Start is accepted. The interview gives us a chance to see if you are suited to our centre and its philosophy. Also, it gives you a chance to get a “feel” for what we do and make a judgement as to whether it is the right place for your child. Remember, the interview is a “no obligation” process and parents are usually very keen to book theirs as a normal part of their decision making process. PLEASE NOTE: interest in Leap Start has been very strong so you are urged to book your own appointment to avoid the disappointment of missing out.
- 03. What guarantees do you have?
All successful applicants are covered by our industry leading “Child Happiness and Educational Advancement 100% Satisfaction Guarantee”.
Here’s how it works…
Your child’s safety, happiness and educational development is our first priority, and your satisfaction immediately follows. We stand by our claims to provide outstanding child care and early learning curriculum.
If, in the extremely unlikely event, you’re not ‘completely thrilled’ with our child care service, please just let us know and we will do everything in our power to rectify the situation. Leap Start 100% Child Happiness and Educational Development 100% Satisfaction Guarantee applies within 30 days of joining. Again in the unlikely event we don’t rectify things to your satisfaction you’re entitled to a full money back refund of your “gap” payment, no explanation required or questions asked.
- 04. What qualifications “do” the staff have?
We use a very stringent selection process before employing our staff. Yes, formal qualifications are important and all our staff exceed the minimum requirements as outlined in the National Quality Standards (NQS).
That said, we look for the right person that complements the team, not the most qualified. We firmly believe great people, with great qualifications are the key to quality staff.
We always seek ways to continuously improve the quality of education and care provided. As well as the standard health and safety procedure training and criminal background checks for all personnel, our staff program requires them to undertake regular in house training so you can be confident, when you drop your child off, they receive the best love and care money can buy.
- 05. What policies are in place?
We have policies covering the following areas:
- Absent or indisposed staff
- Child Protection
- Delivery and Collection of children
- Emergency & evacuation procedures
- Equal opportunity
- Exclusion of sick children
- Family Access
- Food safety
- Grievances – parents and guiding children’s behaviours
- Health and hygiene
- Incident, injury and trauma
- Late Collection
- Management of unwell children
- Non-enrolled children
- Occupational Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Absent or indisposed staff
- Back care information Orientation
- Performance appraisal
- Primary school age enrolled children
- Sleep/restStress management
- Training register
- Sun protection
- Transport procedures
- Water play
These are readily available for you to peruse, please just ask!
- 06. What’s different about your facilities?
You will notice many things but by far the two most significant are our…
- Unique and innovative music-rich curriculum which plays a huge role in developing the whole child
- State of the art outdoor “nature play” facilities so children can learn through movement and games. This facility is the envy of just about every early learning facility in the West… and we know your child will just LOVE the architecturally designed creek beds, tunnels, vegie garden, bird swing, rock climbing wall, sand pits, bike tracks, cubby house… the list goes on.
- 07. Is there a waiting list?
Yes. Places are filled on a first in first served basis. All groups have a finite number of places. If you do not receive a placement we are happy to add you to our waiting list and will contact you when a place becomes available.
- 08. Why are your fees more expensive than some other facilities?
There is an old saying, “You get what you pay for”. No doubt you’ve heard that one, right? It holds true for just about everything to do with education. If you want the best for your child then most parents who come to Leap Start are more than happy to pay for it because they know they are getting the best. Many parents take the view that it’s a sound investment in their son/daughter’s future and are more than happy with their financial commitment. You’ll be pleased to discover just how affordable Leap Start’s fees are compared to Perth’s elite child care facilities.
- 09. Why choose early learning and not keep them at home?
Attendance at a state of the art early learning centre such as Leap Start greatly assists your child’s personal and physical development. We do everything we can to make sure they are happy and contented. Being part of one of our groups allows your child to interact with others the same age which teaches them valuable socialization skills and make new friends in a way keeping them at home cannot do.
- 10. Will there be benefits for me as a parent?
Yes absolutely! Whatever option you choose it should fit your busy life and not impose unrealistic time pressures on you. At Leap Start you’ll get complete peace of mind so you can concentrate on your return to work, study or training. Leap Start will do our utmost to reinforce your role as parent and actively support you. The great thing too is being part of our community gives you the opportunity to meet with other local parents who have children the same age. It’s a great way to forge new friendships and create strong community links.
- 11. Why is Mandarin the second language you teach?
We surveyed our parents asking them if they would like their children to learn a second language and if so, which one. 81.5% asked for Mandarin and seeing that it is the most widely spoken language in the world, and our close proximity to Asia, we agreed with their choice.